Dr Ruth Arber and Dr Michiko Weinmann of Deakin University's Centre for Teaching and Learning Languages argue that learning a new language should be top of your list.
Here are their top five reasons why learning a new language should be on your to-do list in 2016.
- For each new language you learn, you'll stave off dementia for about five years
- You'll recover from a stroke much more quickly
- You'll become a better multi-tasker and boost your memory and attention span
- You'll become more employable
- You'll become a better traveller
For ideas about where you can add to your language repertoire in the Canberra Region for adults CLICK HERE and for children HERE