Some information about language-related activities and news, especially in the Canberra region.
- ANU Language Teaching Forum, Monday 24 July 2017, 4.15 – 5.15 pm
- Dyslexia, Language and Learning to Read, ANU, Tuesday 25 July, 6-7 pm
- The Australian Census: Opportunities for research on multilingualism, Tuesday 25 July 2017, 11.00 am - 1.00 pm, Macquarie University, Sydney
- More about the Multilingualism Research Group at Macquarie University
- AUSIT National Mini-conference: translation and interpreting: ethics and professionalism, Call for papers by 31 July 2017
- Opportunities for language learning in Canberra
- French language and culture with the Alliance Française de Canberra
- Canberra Portuguese and Brasilian Conversation Meetup
- Learn Indonesian with the Australia Indonesia Association ACT Inc (AIA ACT)
- For other opportunities to study and practice a range of languages in the Canberra region:
- SBS National Languages Competition for students aged 4 to 18 years across Australia who are learning a language other than English.
- Articles and links that may be of Interest:
- Learning a second language isn’t just good for your brain—it’s good for democracy, too
- New Ways of Seeing: How Multilingualism Opens Our Eyes and Trains Our Minds for a Complex World.
- Recent posts from Language on the Move:
For more details you can download a copy of the Update HERE