Now is a good time to act if one of your new year resolutions was to learn a new language or improve on your current language skills. This Update has some links to how you can find a suitable program. It also has information about some exciting language related activities coming up in the Canberra area, particularly at the Multicultural Festival (NMF) in February.
- Language programs in Canberra enrolling now
- Chinese for adults at several local community language schools
- Free community tutoring project for those already studying Chinese or have learned it in the past
- English - professional communication and study skills at CIT
- French with the Alliance Française
- Indonesian: vocational classes for all levels
- Modern Greek for adults
- Other language programs for adults and for children
- Opportunities to learn or teach languages at ANU
- Mother tongue multilingual poetry
- Summer Tongues Monday 28 January 7pm-9pm
- Languages Showcase at NMF Saturday 16 February 2pm–5pm,
- Languages highlighted at the NMF Friday to Sunday 15-17 February
- Year of indigenous languages
- Conference at National Library of Australia Saturday 9 February and Sunday 10 February Language keepers: preserving the indigenous languages of the Pacific
- Nominate an outstanding teacher for the Patji-Dawes language teaching award
- Canberra walk for International Mother Language Day, Sunday 24 February 2019
For full copy of the Update, click HERE.
Feedback and contributions to future Updates welcome.