An update about language-related activities and issues. Please feel free to pass on to colleagues and friends who may be interested.
- University Languages Portal Australia: which languages are available at which Australian universities, why learn languages, which unis give a language bonus and more.
- Canberra languages teacher wins national award
- Upcoming events at the ANU at the ARC Centre of Excellence for the Dynamics of Language
- News of cuts in staff and language courses at the ANU College of Asia and the Pacific
- Australian curriculum languages: curricula for Arabic, Chinese, French, German, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Modern Greek, Spanish, Vietnamese now endorsed and available
- Google+ Community OzLangED : a new resource site for language teachers
- Publicise languages at the multicultural festival in February 2016
- Calling rappers and slam poets in various languages
- ACT Mandarin Blueprint to enhance the learning of Mandarin and promote understanding of Chinese culture in ACT schools officially released.
- New Japanese book club for kids
- Alliance Française Canberra: French courses for all ages, cultural and events program, library and other services.
- Learn Mandarin over summer in Tasmania
- Articles that may be of Interest:
For more details see http://actbilingual.weebly.com/uploads/4/4/9/1/4491774/languages_forum_update_december_2015.pdf
- Myth: young people have abandoned language learning: Fact: applications to language degrees have plummeted – but students are finding novel ways to learn
- Speaking two languages can double hopes of stroke recovery
- Indonesian language study headed for extinction at Australian Universities
- Aboriginal languages will become a new HSC subject from 2016