The January Update is now available on the Alliance website It contains information about:
- Language related activities at the Children’s Sanctuary at the Multicultural Festival in Canberra on Saturday 9 February.
- The ACTBEA languages information stall at the Multicultural Festival on Sunday 10 February
- Multicultural Story Time and Stories from China at Gungahlin Library, 7 and 14 February 2013
- Lantern Festival in Commonwealth Park, Canberra, Saturday 23 February, 6pm to 9pm, and a Lantern-making workshop the previous week
- Preliminary announcement: Seminar for families raising children in more than one language, Saturday 23 March, 2pm-5pm, University of Canberra
- Where to find free children’s books and other resources in many languages
- ‘Snippets for Bilingual Families’, a free newsletter from Dr Susanne Döpke, Melbourne-based consultant in bilingualism and speech pathologist.
- A range of exciting German Language programs for children in the ACT in 2013
- The draft national curriculum for Italian and Mandarin in Australian schools