OVERVIEW OF UPDATE
- Public forum: The benefits of bilingualism and how to maintain your heritage language, Saturday 23 March, Woden
- Languages of Sydney: the people and the passion, Saturday 30 March, NSW State Library, Sydney
- Languages afternoon tea: free networking event for lovers of languages and language learning, Sunday 7 April, Red Hill.
- How languages are taught – free workshop on second language pedagogy, Thursday 11 April and Friday 12 April, ANU
- Chinese language and culture
- School Holiday Chinese Culture Camp, Sat 13 April to Thurs 18 April, Red Hill
- First ACT Chinese Recital Competition, open to all students learning Chinese in the ACT, Sunday 5 May, Red Hill
- Mother tongue multilingual poetry, open mic, Mon 13 May, Smith’s Alternative, Canberra City
- Language education initiatives at the ANU
- Support for language learning included in the ACT Multicultural Framework second action plan 2019-20
- Proceeding of conference: Language keepers: preserving the indigenous languages of the Pacific' now available online
- Survey into community English programs by FECCA and SCoA for participants and providers
- Interested in establishing a German language immersion program in Canberra?
For more details, CLICK HERE
Feedback and contributions to future Updates welcome. Please send to email@example.com