The International Mother Language Movement invites you to help celebrate International Mother Language Day on Friday 21 February. Come and show your interest and support for heritage languages and the many languages being spoken and learned in Australia by joining a Language Walk on the shores of Lake Burley Griffin in Canberra. Meet organisers at 5.30pm under the flags behind Questacon and walk 1.5km across Kings Avenue Bridge.
Tuesday, February 11, 2014
Saturday, February 1, 2014
CLICK HERE for more details about:
- Languages at the Multicultural Festival in Canberra, Friday 7 to Sunday 9 February
- Activities especially for kids at the Kids’ Fringe, Saturday 8 February, 10am-4pm
- Languages Information Stall Sunday 10 February, 11am to 4.30pm: a chance to meet others interested in promoting languages, find out about local initiatives and publicise any language programs and activities you are involved in
- Language Walk to celebrate International Mother Language Day, Friday 21 February 2014, from 5.30pm
- Language programs beginning in February, short courses and conversion groups for adults, programs for children in German and over 30 other languages
- One day workshop re interpreting and translating, Saturday 29 March.
- Blog for those interested in Endangered Language and Cultures
- Millions awarded for research on languages through Centre of Excellence for the Dynamics of Language
Posted by Canberra Region Languages Forum at 10:17 PM