CLICK HERE for more details about:
- Call from the local Bangladesh Australian community to celebrate mother tongue and heritage languages in Australia.
- Languages Potluck Lunch, Saturday 30 November, for families raising children in more than one language and people interested in bilingual education.
- Celebration of the 25th Anniversary of the Australian National Dictionary, Thursday 28 November 2013
- Information about the revised draft Chinese and Italian curricula in the Australian Curriculum: Languages
- Language news from the ACT Education and Training Directorate (innovative Indonesian Hub Model in two high schools, increasing numbers of students in Asian languages, including Year 12, Policy for languages education, 26 schools with sister school relationships in 9 countries
- Languages at the ANU: Bonus points for high school students' ATAR if take a Language other than English, $1 million donation for Portuguese, Russian and Indigenous Australian languages, Intensive Summer courses in Mongolian and Arabic, Immersion workshops in Japanese and Chinese for students in Yr 10 and 11 in ACT region, support for CAP students to study in Asia or the Pacific, new centre for Hispanic Linguistics in Australia
- Awards and Nominations for language champions in the ACT