Celebrate the languages, cultures and stories of our diverse community at the Multilingual Poetry Showcase.
· Canberra Fringe Festival, Canberra City
· 10am-1pm, Saturday 18 February 2017
Anyone who speaks a language other than English is invited to register their interest in taking part. All languages are welcome, and any style, from traditional poetic forms to hip hop.
Each person will have up to 5 minutes to read or recite a poem or story in their language/s, or a mix of their language and English. Original work is encouraged, but a favourite piece by another poet is also welcome.
Workshops for young people (12-25 yrs old) who speak a language other than English
Mother Tongue, in partnership with the Multicultural Youth Service, Canberra, is offering two free workshops for young people
· Friday 3 February, 4.30pm – 6pm, to write a poem or short story, and
· Friday 10 February, 4.30pm – 6pm, to learn performance skills to read or recite their words out loud
· Venue for both workshops: Multicultural Youth Services, Level 2 Theo Notaras Centre, London Circuit, Canberra
To sign up to share poetry at the Fringe Festival or for the workshops and/or for more information, email email@example.com or call 0433 845 900.
Join and follow the events on https://www.facebook.com/events/593935637470026/