A short update with some language- related news and information.
- ACT the first Australian parliament to begin each sitting day in an indigenous language.
- Independent review on investment in ACT community language schools – update
- Taste of languages competition Free and open to students Preschool to year 12. Cash prizes. Closing date 1 September.
- Canberra Academy of Languages Information Evening Thurs 24 September
- National Centre for Australian Children’s Literature
- Free Resource of books for children by and about Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples
- Cultural Diversity Database and more information about the Centre
- New South Wales: free webinars for community language teacher training
- South Australia;
- Statement of Commitment and Collaboration between Dept for Education and Ethnic Schools Assoc SA
- Example of an exceptional host school
- Victoria: positive outcomes of forced switch to online delivery for CLS
- Western Australia: WA Languages Week:
- Spotlight on languages in times of crisis
- Academic exploration of language aspects of the COVID-19 crisis
- Recent reports with Indigenous languages at their heart
If you have feedback, contributions for future updates, or would like to join the mailing list for these occasional updates, please email firstname.lastname@example.org