A update with some language-related news and local activities
OVERVIEW OF UPDATE
Local news and activities
- ANU Language Teaching Forum, Mon 8 November 4.15-5.00pm. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or see Update for zoom link
- Canberra Academy of Languages (CAL)
- Spanish Australian Preschool now accepting enrolments for January 2022.
- ACT Bilingual Education Alliance (ACTBEA)
- Follow up to October 'Celebration of Languages' and Video recordings of sessions
- Sharing Languages and Cultures competition watch this space for results
- Review of Investment in ACT Community Language Schools now to be released in December
- Locally organised Conferences and Symposium (online)
- New Approaches to Chinese Language Education during and Post COVID 19, Sun 7 November 9.30am-5.30pm free registration for ACT teachers.
- Multilingualism, culture-language maintenance and education in Asia and the Pacific. Thurs 18, Fri 19, and Thurs 25 November
Other news and activities
- PEaCH, free resources supporting parents and educators of bilingual children
- Language friendly school initiative - Promoting language-friendly learning environments where all children feel accepted and valued for who they are.
- Upcoming conferences and symposia related to languages education (all online)
- Growing TESOL in Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander context, Mon 8 November 4.30-6pm
- International Conference on Community/Heritage Language Education, Thurs 11 to Sat 13 Nov. For full program
- Digital tools for formative assessment practices in EFL tertiary contexts: Bridging the distance between structured and autonomous learning, Fri 12 November 1-3pm.
- Decentring and Diversifying Languages and Cultures, LCNAU Colloquium, Wed 24 - Fri 26 November
- The Value of Languages in a Multicultural World, Mon 13 - Wed 15 December 2021.
For full copy of Update, click HERE
If you have feedback, contributions for future updates, or would like to join the mailing list for these occasional updates, please email email@example.com